Superintendent Letter of Eligibility Program
Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit #21 in partnership with King's College
Public education administrators with exceptional leadership abilities have the power to affect meaningful change across a complex and rapidly evolving system. The Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit #21 & King’s College PreK-12 Superintendent Letter of Eligibility Preparation Program is designed specifically for working educational administrators in Pennsylvania seeking to develop their leadership and management skills and advance their careers to a top leadership level within a local education agency.
Hosted entirely online, this flexible and competitively priced program will prepare you for:
- Data-informed decision-making and problem solving for effective school management
- Strategic planning and curriculum development focused on student success.
- Instructional leadership and assessment of district accomplishments
- Planning, allocating, and managing district financial, facility, technology, and human resources
- Supervising and evaluating instructional and non-instructional staff through an organizational vision
As a working professional, you can balance this program with your schedule and build a professional learning network through district leadership field experience. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be prepared to take the School Superintendent's Assessment, after which you can apply for the Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. After receiving your letter, you will be certified to work as a superintendent, assistant superintendent, executive director of an intermediate unit, executive director for career and technical institute, and more pending district requirements.
- Teaching certification (PPID number)
- Resume highlighting professional experience
- Names and email addresses for two references
- Most recent college transcript demonstrating a 3.0 GPA or higher