Business Office Overview
The Business Office coordinates the financial operations of the Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit, which encompasses over 36 program budgets totaling over $90 million dollars. The Business Office provides accounting, budgeting and financial reporting services for all CLIU departments, and for the Carbon Lehigh Special Needs Children's Foundation. The Business Office also:
- Provides medical billing services for the Behavioral Health Services Department
- Coordinates the Arts Supplies and the Science Supplies cooperative purchasing bids for the Lehigh County Schools Joint Purchasing Board
- Hosts monthly Business Manager meetings
- Coordinates pass-through funding from the Pennsylvania Department of Education to the CLIU's member school districts and charter schools, providing technical assistance with IDEA and other grants
- Coordinates external fiscal reporting and audits for CLIU
The Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit #21 invites the submission of Proposals from qualified and licensed insurance brokers with expertise and experience in providing insurance brokerage services to school districts within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Insurance coverage will be effective for the 2021-2022 through the 2022-2023 school year, beginning July 1, 2021. Proposals due on or before 1:30 PM on Friday, November 20, 2020.
To access the Request for Proposal, click here.For more information, contact the Business Office at (610) 769-4111 ext. 1140.