ParaeducatorsParaeducators are employed to assist special education teachers in certain types of classes. In classes where students have severe disabilities there may be two instructional assistants per class, while in moderately handicapped classes there is usually one instructional assistant assigned. At district request, an instructional assistant may be assigned to work one on one with a special needs student.
IU Paraeducator Documents
- Paraeducator Credential of Competency Staff Development Pamphlet
- Paraeducator Credential of Competency Sample Checklist
- Paraeducator Credential of Competency Checklist
- PaTTAN - Pennsylvania Training & Technical Assistance Network Paraeducator Initiative
- How to Register for Online Courses on the PaTTAN Website