CLIU 21 LOCAL RIGHT TO EDUCATION TASK FORCE
WHAT IS THE CLIU 21 LOCAL RIGHT TO EDUCATION TASK FORCE?
Local Task Forces (LTFs) were formed more than twenty years ago as a result of the PARC consent decree, to represent the needs and interests of students with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Today, most LTFs have expanded their efforts to include all students with disabilities.
The majority of Local Task Force members are consumers and parents of children with disabilities. In addition to parents and consumers, each LTF must have representatives from the local IU, the local MH/MR office, the local ARC, and area school districts. LTFs operate in the same geographical areas as the associated Intermediate Unit.
LTFs are actively involved with programs and services for students with disabilities in all 501 school districts across the state, and follow procedures outlined in the handbook developed by the State Task Force.
LOCAL RIGHT TO EDUCATION TASK FORCE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To identify and clarify problems
· To direct recommendations of necessary changes to the appropriate source/department
· To advocate for school-age individuals
· To cooperate with public/private direct service provider agencies in planning programs and services
· To continuously monitor local education systems for compliance with the PARC consent decree
· To train new members and serve as a vehicle for educating the community
· To make recommendations for improving, strengthening, expanding, and monitoring programs and services for students with disabilities
LOCAL TASK FORCE 21 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING SCHOOL DISTRICTS:
NEW TO LTF21...
The Local Task Force 21 is comprised of families, the Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit 21, advocates, school districts and service providers. We come together to share knowledge, discuss rights and develop an appropriate education for the student with special needs. We want to empower families to gain insight, build connections with others and help become the voice for those in their lives with special needs. The journey is long, full of opportunity, and having a good team in place makes all the difference.
Please visit our Facebook page - @localtaskforce21
Connect with other families by visiting our Support Group page: Carbon Lehigh IU #21 Family Support Group
Due to COVID-19, all live events have been postponed. Please check back for updates as the school year progresses.
MEETING DATES/TIMES -
All meetings will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- September 16, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- November 18, 2020
- December 16, 2020
- January 20, 2021
- February 17, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- April 21, 2021
- May 19, 2021
As of 7.31.20, all LTF21 meetings for the 2020-21 school year will be held virtually.
- LTF Chairperson - Amanda Robbins
- LTF Secretary - TBD
- CLIU 21 Contact - Kelly Danner
- General Information - email@example.com
- Amanda Robbins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Danner - email@example.com
LTF BROCHURE :
STATE TASK FORCE:
LINK TO STATE TASK FORCE - State Task Force